Cat Health and Health Problems
Article Highlight: Cat Ear Mites vs. Ear Wax - How to Tell the Difference
Every cat deserves to live a healthy life. What kind of care does your pet need from you?
Cat Health Info
There was a time when the health problems of cats weren't taken seriously. Pet cats were viewed as expendable and replaceable, not as cherished members of the family. Thankfully, attitudes have changed, and cats today have a far better chance at living a long healthy life.
Routine Veterinary Care
Routine vet care plays an important role in keeping cats healthy, and believe it or not, regular examinations can actually save you money in the long run. It's usually easier to treat an illness or ailment when it's in the earliest stages, so keeping tabs on your cat's condition is one way to spot problems early on.
You will find articles about common cat health issues plus advice and information on dealing with them. For instance:
- Cat pregnancy is an issue that many owners are surprised with along the way. Learn about the typical feline pregnancy and what your cat needs to support herself and her kittens.
- Cat worms are a definite health problem that can also affect the human members of your household. Learn about the common worms that infest felines as well as how to get rid of them.
- Would you recognize the symptoms of feline distemper if you saw them? You can learn about them here as well as which vaccinations your pet needs.
Facing a Health Crisis
Sometimes things take a serious downturn, and a cat enters a health crisis. That's when owners really need information, as well as help from their cat's veterinarian.
- Feline leukemia is a retrovirus that systematically attacks a cat's immune system. Find out how this virus is transmitted and how you can protect your pet.
- Lymphoma affects a cat's lymph tissues and can produce tumors. Learn about the many types of lymphomas, their symptoms, and how they're treated.
- Heart failure is terminal, but the disease often takes a long time to reach its conclusion. Learning to spot the symptoms can enable owners to seek treatment for their pets that can make them more comfortable and prolong their lives.
Not every cat will face a life-threatening illness during its lifetime, but the potential is always there.
Explore a Wide Range of Health Topics
From providing routine care and maintenance to managing chronic illnesses, you'll find useful information to help you keep your pet in the best possible condition. Make time to browse through the articles in this category, and you'll feel better prepared to deal with whatever health issues come your cat's way.