Fresh water is not just for humans. If you keep a cat drinking fountain in lieu of a fresh water dish, your cat can help herself to water whenever the need arises. Learn about the various models so you can decide which one works best for you.
Drinkwell Brand Options
- Drinkwell Multi Tier Pet Fountain: This two-tiered fountain is a good choice when you have several cats of varying heights. Shorter cats and kittens can drink from the bottom tier, while taller or older cats can drink from the higher tier. It is priced around $60 and, minus the pump, is safe to clean in your dishwasher.
- Drinkwell 360 Cat Fountain: Ideal for multi-cat households, this drinking fountain allows your cats to sip from any angle. It is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars and costs approximately $45. Additionally, there are five different spout heads, allowing you to change the amount of water streams coming from the fountain.
- Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain: Cats who enjoy drinking from a stream of water at a sink will like this water fountain system. It costs around $80 and has a snap-on lid.
- Drinkwell Fountain and Aqua Garden: This is a fountain that comes with a lot of accessories, making it a versatile product. The fountain features streaming water, and you can get an additional water reservoir. The aqua garden allows you to grow hydroponic wheat grass inside the fountain. The original system begins at just under $45.
- Pioneer Pet Fung shui Design Drinking Fountain: Keep your home harmonious with this feng shui approved drinking fountain for your cats. It costs less than $30, making it a sharp option with a good price.
- Catit Design Fresh & Clear Cat Drinking Fountain: This tall fountain design allows cats to get a drink without having to bend their necks down to reach the water. It costs under $35.
- Whisker City Corner Pet Fountain: Tuck your cat's water fountain in the corner and out of the way with this model. Customer reviews mention noise from the filter, so pick this up if you have cats that aren't bothered by noise and you need a good corner option. It costs just under $50.
- Glacier Point Basic Fountain: This ceramic basin fountain claims to be mold-free, and has 1.75 gallon-storage with glass bottles, meaning you don't have to fill it as often. It is priced at under $120.
Keep Cats Hydrated
It's important to keep your cat hydrated with fresh water. Avoid a sick pet and a costly vet visit by making fresh water available through a drinking fountain for your cats.