Your cat embodies that free, loving spirit that reminds you of the hippie throwback era. Take those personality qualities and give your cat a hippie cat name that will emit creativity, freedom, kindness, and inner peace.
Female Hippie Cat Names
She has flower power spirit and is zen all the way. If your cat fits this bill, then one of these female boho names will definitely work for her.
Male Hippie Cat Names
Your kitty is a chill dude who loves everyone. Play on his relaxed peace and love vibes and give him a name that screams 1960.
- Nash - inspired by Crosby, Stills, and Nash
- Ringo - inspired by Beatles drummer, Ringo Starr
Gender Neutral Boho Cat Names
Look to nature and the universe to help you come up with a perfect boho-inspired, gender-neutral name for your kitty.
- Bell - inspired by bell bottoms
- Birk - inspired by Bikenstock shoes
Hippie Pet Names Based on Terminology
The hippie era certainly had a whole specific vocabulary. Use popular words from this time period to name your feline friend.
- Fuzz - a hippie term for the police
- The Man
- Mel - short for mellow
Beetle - slang term for a popular Volkswagon vehicle used during the hippie period
Slug Bug - another term for the Volkswagon vehicle used by many people in the hippie era
Woodstock - the name of a famous 1960s music festival
Bangle - type of jewelry
Beadie - inspired by beads, often worn by hippies
Chickie - chick was a common term for a female
Hippie Cat Names Inspired by Songs and Bands of the Era
The hippie era was notorious for musical contributions to history. Some of the greatest, most iconic songs and bands came from this decade. Play on famous songs and singers when naming your cat.
- Janis - after Janis Joplin
- Jefferson - after Jefferson Airplane
- Jerry Garcia - after led singer in The Grateful Dead
- Byrd- Inspired by the band The Byrds
- Joan - Joan Baez
- Ritchie - Richie Havens
- Creedence - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Crosby - Crosby, Stills, and Nash
- Jimi - Jimi Hendrix
- Lennon - after Beatles great, John Lennon
- Simon - inspired by Simon and Garfunkle
- Garfunkle - inspired by Simon and Garfunkle
- Jagger- inspired by Mick Jagger, singer of Rolling Stones
- Dylan - inspired by Bob Dylan
- Cat Stevens
- Arlo - Arlo Guthrie
- Zeppelin - inspired by Led Zeppelin
- Floyd - inspired by Pink Floyd
- Monkey - inspired by the band The Monkees
- Everly - The Everly Brothers
- Silver - After Fleetwood Mac song "Silver Springs"
- Rabbit - after famous Jefferson Airplane song, "White Rabbit"
- Kinky - inspired by the bank The Kinks
- Mary -Jimi Hendrix song, "The Wind Cries Mary"
- McGee - Janis Joplin song "Me and Bobby McGee"
- Eagle -inspired by the band The Eagles
- Yoko -inspired by John Lennon's partner, Yoko Ono
- Dusty -inspired by Dusty Springfield
- Marley - inspired by Bob Marley
Number One Naming Rule
When it comes to naming a cat, the single most important rule to follow is to choose a name that speaks to you. Others might want to have their input considered, but in the end, you will want to pick something that has meaning to you. Hippie names are wonderful choices for pet names because they remind people of a time where love and peace came first. Who doesn't want to look at their animal and immediately think peace, love, and happiness?