Girl kitten names should reflect the character and personality of your pet. From Disney princesses to flowers, you'll find plenty of inspiration for what to call your beautiful female kitten.
Selecting Names for Girl Kittens
The Internet is full of alphabetical lists of names for female kittens, and they can certainly be useful. However, you run the risk of giving your new kitten a very common name if you select it from one of those lists since they seem to be repeated everywhere.
While it probably isn't possible to select a name no one else has used before, you can find a clever name that fits your little feline and sounds good in the bargain. Hopefully the following suggestions will provide you with some naming inspiration.
Ideas for Girl Kitten Names
Consider names from the following themes.
Disney has created many memorable characters, and choosing one of these names might be the perfect solution for what to name your kitten, especially if you have children in the home. You can even let them help you pick the name.
Female Disney characters include:
- Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
- Dinah, Alice's own cat (Alice in Wonderland)
- Jasmine (Aladdin)
- Cinderella, or Ella for short (Cinderella)
- Beauty or Belle, same character (Beauty and the Beast)
- Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
- Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Maleficent, the evil sorceress (Sleeping Beauty)
- Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
- Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
- Wendy (Peter Pan)
- Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
- Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
- Mulan (Mulan)
- Bianca (The Rescuers)
- Duchess (The Aristocats)
Some of the most famous historical figures have been women. Check out these names to see if they fit your kitten.
- Jenny Lind, Swedish opera star - This might be a great name for a very vocal kitten.
- Annie Oakley, sharpshooter - This name might suit the kitten who always gets what she aims for.
- Amelia Earhart, famous aviator - This name might be good for a kitten that prefers high places.
- Queen Elizabeth - This is a great name for a particularly regal kitten. You could call her Lizzie for short.
- Juliette Low, founder of Girl Scouts - This could be an ideal name for a family heavily involved with the Girl Scouts organization.
- Cleopatra, the queen of Egypt - This name is for a kitten with a royal attitude.
There's virtually no limit to the number of girl kitten names you can glean from the list of female celebrities, including a few notorious politicians. Here are just a few suggestions.
- Elizabeth Taylor
- Oprah Winfrey
- Angelina Jolie
- Taylor Swift
- Tina Fey
- Sarah Palin
- Hillary Clinton
There's something very feminine about flowers, and many of their names work equally well as kitten names. Try out a few of the following names, and see if you find the perfect fit for your kitten.
Your kitten is just as precious as any jewel, so why not name her after one.
Choose Your Kitten's Name Wisely
By now, your own imagination is probably revved up and churning with name ideas, but make sure you are absolutely certain that you select the right name for your kitten. After all, you'll be using that name for the rest of her life. Make sure it suits her looks and temperament, and you'll have no future regrets.